Dark and Lovely®
Dark and Lovely Color Confidence® covers gray to perfection with natural-looking color AND helps defend hair from dryness and breakage for dramatically improved healthy-looking hair. No worries, no doubts—our no ammonia, permanent cream haircolor penetrates deep inside stubborn grays to give you the uniform, long-lasting coverage you've always desired, even around the hairline! 3x Conditioning Power* = Exceptional conditioning before, during and after you color!
Dark and Lovely® Color Confidence® the "perfect haircolor" choice for...
- SAFETY WARNINGS
Please read before coloring.
SKIN ALLERGY TEST: TO BE PERFORMED 48 HOURS BEFORE EACH USE OF THIS PRODUCT, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY USED THIS OR ANOTHER HAIRCOLOR PRODUCT.
Skin Allergy Test
IMPORTANT: THIS PRODUCT CAN CAUSE AN ALLERGIC REACTION WHICH IN CERTAIN RARE CASES CAN BE SEVERE. TO HELP MINIMIZE THE RISK OF AN ALLERGIC REACTION, YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE PRECAUTIONS:
DO NOT USE IF:
- You have already had a reaction to a haircolor product.
- You have a sensitive, itchy or damaged scalp.
PERFORM A SKIN ALLERGY TEST 48 HOURS BEFORE EACH USE OF THIS PRODUCT, AS ALLERGIES CAN DEVELOP SUDDENLY, EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY USED A HAIRCOLOR PRODUCT FROM THIS BRAND OR ANOTHER. SKIN ALLERGY TEST INSTRUCTIONS:
- Clean an area the size of a quarter in the bend of your elbow with soap and water. Pat dry.
- Using a plastic utensil, mix 1 part of the No-Ammonia Conditioning Cream Haircolor and 1.5 part of the Cream Developer (the ratio should be 1 part hair colorant to 1.5 parts cream developer) in a plastic or glass container. Tightly recap the hair colorant and developer. Do not use metal utensils.
- Apply mixture to the test area with a cotton swab or ball.
- Let test spot dry. Do not wash, cover or disturb for 48 hours.
- Examine test area periodically over the next 48 hours. If you experience any reactions, such as redness, burning, itching, swelling, skin abrasions, eruptions or irritation in or around the test area, DO NOT COLOR YOUR HAIR UNTIL YOU CONSULT A DOCTOR.
IN CASE OF A REACTION WHILE COLORING HAIR, such as stinging, rash or burning sensation on the scalp, rinse immediately and discontinue use. IF YOU EXPERIENCE DIFFICULTY BREATHING, TIGHTNESS OF CHEST AND/OR HIVES OR SWELLING AT ANY PLACE ON THE BODY, DISCONTINUE USE AND OBTAIN MEDICAL ASSISTANCE IMMEDIATELY. BEFORE COLORING AGAIN, CONSULT A DOCTOR.
IN RARE CASES, THE USE OF HAIR COLORANTS HAS BEEN ASSOCIATED WITH SKIN DEPIGMENTATION (SKIN WHITENING OR LOSS OF COLOR). THIS MAY BE TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT. IF YOU NOTICE ANY SKIN DEPIGMENTATION OR ALLERGIC REACTION SUCH AS PAIN OR SEVERE ITCHING, DISCONTINUE USE IMMEDIATELY.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Do not use to color eyelashes or eyebrows. To do so may cause blindness.
- If product gets into eyes, rinse with water. If you are wearing contact lenses, remove them before rinsing the eyes. Call a doctor if irritation persists.
- Wear gloves provided in kit.
- Thoroughly rinse hair after application.
- For any question relating to your individual sensitivities or specific allergies, consult a doctor.
- Do not use on facial or body hair or for any purpose other than coloring your hair. Irritation or injury could occur.
- Wait at least 14 days after bleaching, relaxing or perming before coloring.
- Do not inhale or ingest. Prepare and use in a well-ventilated area. If swallowed, call a doctor, hospital emergency room or poison control center immediately.
- Do not use over compound henna or progressive color.
- Keep product out of the reach of children. Do not apply on children.
- HOW TO MIX
1- Before Color: Protect
- Twist round tip of the Pre-Color Conditioning Treatment so that it breaks off.
- Massage product into dry ends before coloring. Avoid the root area.
- Wait 2 minutes. Do not rinse.
- Put on gloves.
- Twist off the tip of the Cream Developer applicator cap.
- Squeeze entire contents of the No-Ammonia Conditioning Cream Haircolor tube into the Cream Developer applicator bottle. Replace the applicator cap securely.
- Place your gloved finger over open tip. Point away from your face and shake thoroughly until color mixture is totally blended.
- Never leave the tip of the applicator bottle unopened after mixing. The container may burst.
- Choose the application method that is most appropriate for your hair: "Full-Head” or "Root Touch-up.”
- HOW TO APPLY
Option A: Coloring for Full-Head Application Do a full-head application if:
- It is your first time coloring with Dark and Lovely® Cream Color.
- You have never colored your hair before.
- You have not colored in 3 months or longer.
- Part dry unwashed hair into 4 sections and clip in place with plastic clips if hair is long.
- Squeeze the applicator bottle gently to apply color mixture beginning with the gray areas first, then continue until the hair roots and entire hair line are completely covered.
- With gloved hands, gently smooth color mixture out to the ends for even distribution making sure that every strand is covered. DO NOT RUB INTO SCALP.
- If any color mixture gets on skin, simply wipe off with towel.
- Do not save any unused mixture. The container may burst.
- After completing the application, process for 20 minutes on relaxed hair or 30 minutes on natural hair (hair without any prior chemical treatment).
- When processing time is up, add a little lukewarm water to your hair and work the color mixture into a lather.
- Rinse thoroughly until water runs clear.
- If color mixture gets into your eyes, rinse out quickly with water. After rinsing, towel dry.
- Apply enough Deep Conditioner with Vitamin E to saturate hair.
- Massage through hair.
- Leave on hair for 5 minutes.
- Rinse out with warm water.
- Save remaining Deep Conditioner with Vitamin E for multiple applications.
Touch up your color if:
- You have colored in the last 4-6 weeks with the same shade.
- Part dry, unwashed hair into 4 sections and clip in place with plastic clips if hair is long.
- Using the applicator bottle, apply color mixture onto new growth at root, starting with resistant or noticeable gray areas first.
- Do not overlap application with current color-treated hair.
- Do not save any unused mixture. The container may burst.
- Process for 20 minutes on relaxed new growth or 30 minutes on natural new growth (hair without any prior treatment). To REFRESH color, work through to hair ends and let develop for last 10 minutes.
- Follow step 3 in the "Full-Head Application" section.
- Follow step 4 in the "Full-Head Application" section.